Skip to main content

Reply to "Major problem with AS and ZoneAlarm"

Mrs.M

I thought that's what this forum is supposed to be for. Quoted from the header on the pevious page:

"The best place to get your questions answered. Post any issues here and get answers both from Auction Sniper support and from other Auction Sniper users!"

Kinda says it all, eh?

Please note the part where it says "Post any issues here and get answers both from Auction Sniper support..."

I'm still waiting for an answer.

I really think this is a serious enough issue that it deserves to be answered in a public way.

If this is truly happening, and not just a fluke of an over-protective ZoneAlarm I think every AS user needs to be aware of it and concerned about the possible problems that can ensue from theft of their passwords. The AS people are in the best position to make a statement on this and I feel they should do so post haste. If it does exist, they should advise their users to stop using the system until they can fix it or supply a workaround, and if it doesn't truly exist then they should say so with an explanation of what's actually causing the warnings. But to just ignore the complaints does a disservice to the people who pay them them good money for a service that's supposed to be secure. If the problem truly exists and as a result people are hurt financially by having their passwords stolen, then no amount of contrition on their part will be useful or helpful. The damage to their reputation will be tremendous. It's kind of like politicians and public oficials who lie. Once they're found out, no one ever believes them again. On the other hand, those that come clean in the beginning may lose some support for a while, but people generally forgive them for their mistakes and give them another chance. Businesses in general, and
AS in particular, need to be aware of how much time and effort goes into building a reputation of honesty and integrity (which I think they have to this point), and how fast it can all come apart when they don't do the right thing. I'm not saying that AS is trying to avoid a known problem because it might hurt their bottom line, but they, on the other hand, are not giving any indication that the opposite is true, and I think it's imcumbent upon them to do so as soon as they're aware of a problem that could hurt their customers.

As I said, I'm still waiting for an answer...

Gary