Skip to main content

Reply to "Made in Macau"

Give me a shout when the 2004 schedule gets set. I read the pages - Really good. I'd like to go on the 2nd & 3rd can't on the 4th as have a benefit. Surprised they don't have
a ticket price for Seniors - they would get lots more publicity that way. Better yet-tie Seniors in with Disabled American Vets. Then they would get free coverage in both DAV & VFW magazines and probably then AAA. and the Airline magazines.
I did a book with James Johnson on George Carmack. We worked together in the Arctic a couple years. We tried to correct history -that Skookum Jim Mason along with Tagish Charlie
were the discoverers of Gold In the Yukon. Then came the Alaska Gold Rush.
Skookum Jim was a Native American of the Dakhl'wedi clan - he found a big nugget the size of a dime on Rabbit Creek in 1896 .for years
everyone said that George Carmack found the gold (because he is the one who filed the claim)Jim was his inlaw . Carmack had a commonlaw marriage to Kate & I wanted to tell the story through her. Al said , were not writing Famous Whore's of the Yukon." so I pulled back and did the pictures. See, I saw Robert Redford Playing Carmack and someone gutsy in the female lead -
Then we would have a book better than "Hawaii"
now the story is in paperback oblivian. mory