Skip to main content

Reply to "Looks like this poor fellow must lose a lot to snipers :)"

Hi Everyone,

LOL! What a badly written complaint. He just rambles, uses grade-school name-calling bullying techniques. The rest of his site is pathetic...
Stalin's rules for listing on eBay- no pics of you, your dog, your cat; no automted listings (!); no adjectives ; no nothin'.

Last week my fiancee redirected the ebay link to Nordstroms because he was horrified to learn that I have been buying from 'ebay' and didn't I know what ebay is? Who sold on ebay and who bought on ebay..... (He has the same aversion to resale and thrift shops or ESTATE SALES. But I *adore* vintage clothing...) I'm sure that when he 'learned' about ebay he read web pages like this.... *sigh*

Well, once I explained the philosophy behind sniping, he bacame abit more amenable to 'that ebay stuff' & is satisfied 'I'm not addicted'! He reset the ebay address & I have been happily sniping away at my beautiful widgets.

I also want to comment on the purported 'loser, no friends, nothing else to do, moronic' sterotype of a sniper. Does the writer not know or even imagine that sniping can be automated? LOL!

I became a sniper because I analyzed the bidding process through and determined this bidding approach was most effective. I can't help being a nerd--I am a scientist. Smile Manual sniping limited the widgets I could acquire because I have a very, very busy life (work & fun). Thank the stars for AS! I have even "WON" my widgets while traveling or giving seminars or being interviewed, or WORKING, or seeing a movie or, my favorite, sleeping!! Smile What a loser I am! LOL!

I think the overall impression I take from these types of pages is: THINK before you write! Research before you write! Imagine before you write! Maybe the way you 'see' it isn't complete. But alas, perhaps I ask WAY too much.

My 2 cents....

Emma
*wish I could figure the code out & put my cat here*