Skip to main content

Reply to "Looking for advanced tips for my ebay listings"

quote:
Are liquor stores OK?

Fine, I have no problem with anybody drinking himself into oblivion, as long as it doesn't affect me!

If you are interested in preserving liquor stores, then you should join my little "anti-supermarket" campaign before they all vanish. Here in the UK the number 2 liquor store chain has just thrown in the towel.

Supermarkets again!

They are creating a desert in the countryside. Small village stores cannot compete and for many villages the loss of the shop is blow not just to the poor but to the old and those that do not drive. Local shop owners spent the money they earned in the local community employing the decorator, the builder, the gardener etc.
The part time store `assistant on minimum wage can barely afford to live, let alone support an infra structure of tradespeople!

Each town now has a range of identi-kit grey sheds as you approach it - diversity is on the way out and uniformity is on the way in.

Who controls them? You the shareholder? I doubt it? The pension funds? Are they bothered?

I gather everyone in the States is not too keen on Walmart either! I feel the same about Tesco. My little comic gesture of not patronising them will not be noticed, but eventually I hope more will join me and it will.

Paul

To paraphrase a certain quote:
If you shop at the local store, you have lost nothing, but if you shop at Walmart, you will eventually lose everything!