Skip to main content

Reply to "Looking for advanced tips for my ebay listings"

quote:
Originally posted by Camera:
quote:
He was trying to calm the situation down by climbing on the fence

Exactly!
It must just be me, but does someone ELSE *always* have to come in and “calm the situation down”? I’m fairly sure that all the remaining (survival of the fittest) regulars are more then qualified to “duke it out” on their own. And, no one is forcing anyone/two to duke it, so why does someone/two/3/4/5/+ feel they need to calm things? Perhaps some1 needs to be elected the official “situation-calmer” because everyone/all is/are OUT OF CONTROL! (I wish there was a [blink] UBB Code Tag). Only problem with trying to find a situation-calmer – who’s going to calm the calmer? Maybe each of us should choose a designated-calmer . . . “Friends Don’t Let Friends Post Un-calm” (Acalm?) - I swear I'm calm . . . currently.

quote:
Actually Rick, I don't get mad when I see the bumper stickers on other people's cars (& some can be pretty inflammatory!) . . .
The bumper stickers that bug me are those in small print. I doubt the bumper owners appreciate my tailgating them, although it does give me something to read while I’m driving.

quote:
Actaully none of these would get my "dander" up . . .
That was a given. They were just examples of topics that someone else might find offensive – “tit for tat”.

quote:
. . .but if R2 goes one step further in his sig and mentions Tesco, Wall Mart or Sainsburys I'll have him horsewhipped within an inch of his life!
While we’re discussing it, what impact does Starbucks have on British dander (I sure hope I don't use "dandruff" in the future)?

quote:
Damn exploiters of the poor . . .
Hey, someone has to exploit the poor otherwise they’ll feel left out. They might even start a class action lawsuit demanding equal treatment.

quote:
"A plague on all supermarkets!"
Why supermarkets, Paul? Is it just a “Big is bad” thing? Are liquor stores OK?