Skip to main content

Reply to "LINKS DO NOT WORK"

quote:
The only ad blocking software I use is a hosts file and I can not simple turn it off and back on without rebooting each time
Upgrade to Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc. Both of those do it. I use both and enter host files entries all the time to test server specific issues. Works like a charm.

I did a search on google for host file ad blockers and I did find counters.auctiva.com and cj.com and qksrv.com Since this has nothing to do with counters.auctiva.com I ruled that out. Does your hosts file have any other auctiva entries? I'm really sure that's not it but what the heck.

I think there was one other auctiva.com site, but not www.auctiva.com. Nothing that would stop this link.

I would focus on the cj.com and qksrv.com and maybe eBays mediaplex.com I think it is.

It's too bad you dont have WinXP or 2k or greater because then you could just chop your hosts file in half and keep doing that until you find the offending entry.

I suppose you could send us your hosts file and we could try it. Use the email support@ our domain name.com