Skip to main content

Reply to "Let me get this straight......"

Rickkkkkkk!!!!! Very funny! Roll Eyes

Actually, for something that was supposed to be done under heavy sedation, I wasn't very sedated. I talked through the whole procedure like a chatterbox. I guess the point of what is termed "conscious sedation" is that you're not supposed to be able to remember the pain.

What a crock! I remember every bit of it! It really hurt when he got the needle into the bone and sucked up the marrow. Owwwwwww!!!!!!!

But just like that, it was over and I don't even have a sore area at the puncture site.

Now I have to tryand enjoy the weekend knowing that next week I will be getting a phone call with some results. I asked the nurses to call me with any thing prior to the appointment with the doctor on Thursday.

That way I can get over either my hysteria or elation and be able to ask meaningful questions when I see him. I know that if it's bad news, and I first heard it in his office, I'd never be able to absorb the facts. My mind would be racing. Does that make sense? My sentences are awkward at times. Never paid attention in school to all those rules regarding grammer.

Oh, dear. That was a mistake. I can ALREADY hear the Brits thinking: "Yanks never spoke English properly in the first place."

Well, tough! Pfthzzzzzzzz......! Razz (Just joking of course.)

It's hard not telling my parents that I'm going through this. But I need to be sure of the diagnosis before I tell them. We're a very close family and bad news will be especially hard on them.

But......that's life! Bad things happen to good people all the time for absolutely no reason. We are bound by the laws of physics and if some gene is switched on and makes cells go haywire, it's no one's fault, or punishment from God or any thing else.

S--- happens!

Nance