Skip to main content

Reply to "Let me get this straight......"

[COLOR:PURPLE][FONT SIZE=4] Well, I'm trying out some of this UBB code. It'll be interesting if it turns out the way I want it.

OK! So.......instead of a hip replacement surgery on Friday, I get to go in for a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday instead. I insisted on being put "out" because my BONE biopsies (different thing) have been absolutely excruciating. The surgeons who have worked on my bones all say the bone is rock hard and marble-like. Sometimes they even break off drill bits just trying to make the holes for screws.

On the other hand, the quality of the bone is rather fragile as well. Weird stuff, to say the least.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to add that I have to collect my pee for 24 hours the day before. I hate doing that! Then there will be more blood work, of course. It's amazing how the MDs can ALWAYS find some test that needs more blood.

After that, I play the "waiting game." Won't meet with the hematologist until the following week to find out any results.
[/purple]

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe SOME form of magical thinking will help. After all, religions are loaded with magical thinking and people believe that too.

That absolutely amazes me. I'm a Unitarian Universalist and we tend to be more rational than many (not all!) followers of other religions. The laws of physics dictate that certain "claims" made in the bible are in fact impossible.

Oh. Now I better tell MYSELF to shut up! Sometimes I just can't resist a good old fashion theological debate. And I don't really know where you all are on the issue.

Here's a question for you:
Is it possible to prove the existence of a god? And how would you go about doing that?

"Mind the mouth, Nancy!"