Skip to main content

Reply to "Let me get this straight......"

Well, needless to say I'm in a bit of a denial period now. I have to see the hematologist yet to find out exactly where he thinks I am. AND, of course I'm going to get a second opinion. In fact, if it indeed needs chemotherapy, I'd rather go to the MD that treated my husband for lymphoma 13 years ago. That doctor was initially going to be a psychiatrist but something changed his mind so he went into oncology instead. The point being, he takes as long as it takes to allow his patients to ask questions, make sure they all have the facts straight, and generally "listens." That's a trait most MDs don't know the meaning of. Not to mention, he's highly qualified in his field.

I'm trying not to let my mind go crazy about this. I tend to be a rather "open" person, in case you haven't already noticed, so if I start to ramble, just tell me to shut up. I won't be offended.

Now I just sit and wait to hear from the hospital when all my appointments are arranged. I know they will be wanting to do a bone marrrow biopsy and more definitive bone scans and blood tests.

OH! A good article is on Google. Do a search on Google for "monoclonal gammopathy." The third one down, from "eMedicine" has all the details. There's a link to multiple myopathy which is quite instructive too.

Say, if I have a photo in one of my files, how do I transfer it onto one of these messages. I don't know how to find the URL for a picture that I have stuck some where on my computer. Do I have to make it a "document" first, or something?