Skip to main content

Reply to "Let me get this straight......"

Uhhhhh.......define "niggle" please?

Everybody has things they must cope with. And NO ONE gets through life without problems. NO ONE lives a charmed life. Just look at all the celebreties: divorce after divorce, drug and alcohol problems, trouble with the law, etc. etc. etc. They may LOOK better than us average folks, but they still have their share of difficulties to deal with.

My "Mum" is currently really depressed because she may have a brain tumor. She'll be going for more definitive tests in a few weeks. She asked me, "How do you cope?"

My answer is that sometimes I DON'T! That's when I over do it on eBay or eat compulsively. But what really helps to curb those reactions are connections. By connections, I mean having several people to call and just open up with all my "woe is me" problems.

If you feel you have a heavy burden, then SHARE it with others. It will NEVER be as heavy to them as it is to you, and it will lighten your load. Not to mention understanding friends will many times look at your problem from a slightly different angle and then tell you why it isn't so bad after all.

We are all connected. The web of life needs all its "strings." If one breaks, it effects the entire web. So you learn ways of re-tying your string. It's important to maintain your connectedness. People, nature, the cosmos are all connected. Humans are social animals, just like all the great apes, whales, elephants, and others. Ya' CAN'T make it totally on your own!

But you all knew that already, didn't you?