Skip to main content

Reply to "Let me get this straight......"

In the scheme of things, the pain isn't the main problem. As far as fractures go. after being dragged onto a gurney then dragged againonto an X-ray table where they expect me to do acrobatics for a good "picture," then BACK on the gurney, and FINALLY returned to bed, the pain is just momentary during those transfers. Once I'm settled and positioned correctly, it really isn't there. So I brace myself and keep thinking: "Momentary pain. Momentary pain..." and I get through it. I'm discovering how tough I really am!!!

What really annoys me is my lack of independence! July 14th I'm getting a new hip. I've been started on a new medication for bone growth. This time I'm going to insist that they cement the prosthesis in instead of using screws, which invariably becomce weakened because my bone doean't heal around them. Metal fatigue due to non-healing bone around screws has broken a long stainless steel plate, AND a steel rod! My new one will be made of titanium. I hate to think of the cost!!! It has to be made specifically for me. $$$$$$$ I'm only 57 and the other day I got real excited over the prospects of finding a newer model WALKER!!! I sound like I'm 97 some times!!

My big goal after this is finished: to walk around the block without the walker or severe discomfort. WHAT A JOY!