Skip to main content

Reply to "Lead time completely off base--and cost me an item"

Paul - There are times, not often, that you crack me up. This was one of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
If someone told me their snipes are all firing off ok and I had been using AS for a while, if I were that person, I would probably then contact AS directly!
AND, if someone told me that since they recently visited Nagasaki and didn’t die from an atomic bomb that that somehow proved that an atomic bomb wasn’t dropped, I would say, “Irrelevant!” I would also consider the creditability of the source of such a comment. If (that’s a big IF) airplanenut had been bidding on a couple of auctions for girl’s apparel (sizes 5 and 6) for around $5, I might, MIGHT, see the relevance.

Airplanenut’s issue isn’t what is happening to other people whose experience has absolutely no bearing on his situation, but (big BUT) with snipes being placed 36 seconds early. It’s not about if it’s the first, or last, or biggest bid. It’s not about speculating what might have happened. What happened was that the snipe was placed 36 seconds early, and his question is “Why?”. Checking on his first post he did ask, “What happened?” I don’t see where he asked most of the questions that were answered.

This issue (very early bids) has come up several times, and since the forum’s intent is to actually help people (that may be some wild idea on my part) instead of misleading them, or bringing up information that isn’t applicable, it only makes sense to address this issue, on this forum, and actually discuss “the issue”. Yes, he could contact support, but that will most like result in the standard, canned response, and definitely won’t be as entertaining, at least for me.

Perhaps some of the forum regulars suffer from nerve damage between the eyes and the brain that doesn’t allow comprehending “early” and “bid” in the same sentence, let alone grasping the concept of “36 seconds”. In the hopes that this is a color related dysfunction, let me try the following experiment:
“WHY WAS MY SNIPE PLACED 36 SECONDS EARLY?”
I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but don’t think I will hold my breath.

quote:
Originally posted by Camera:
P.P.S. I hope you are well Rick.
Moderately well, but after my above rant (it’s not healthy to hold things in for 4 years), feeling very nicely, thank you.

I can hear them now: “I wish he would just go away.”