Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this possible?"

I fully agree with region2.
How is a computer program supposed to reliably determine if an auction desciption containing your search words actually describes an item you would be willing to buy?

Even if you found a way to automatically sort out those auctions where only accessories (or just an empty box) are offered, what about the item condition? Does it work? Does it work, but ....? Or what still seems to be very popular: is it "untested" (which usually equals to "it's just crap, but i'm still trying to find some idiot (thinking he makes the deal of his life) willing to buy it")?

I doubt that there is any service or software out there that could do such a job in a satisfying way and i wouldn't trust any product claiming it does.

And finally where would this end up? Why bothering finding out what are the ideal products for you? Based on your profile, a computer could find out what you need or always wanted and automatically buy it for the best available price?

I think we should face the fact that the times where we can switch off our brains completely and leave all the thinking to some machines are yet to come (however, some people might not have to delegate a lot). Personally, i hope, that i'll already be gone should they ever come.