Skip to main content

Reply to "Is the UK ready....."

quote:
Originally posted by Mike from West Yorkshire:
The roundabout to end all roundabouts!
A TEE-SHIRT FOR A ROUNDABOUT? I won’t say I’ve seen everything, but that’s one less thing for me to see. The roundabout looks like a nightmare. That would be the ideal place to send any Americans that you don’t want to leave the country (that may be a contradiction) – just give them a car and point it in the direction of Magic Roundabout. It sounds like a Disney ride. Regarding the last picture in the link you provided – is that a poorly designed parking lot or are those cars actually moving? That roundabout might also be a good place to execute Americans convicted of a capital offense. Good idea to give them a very cheap car (no need to waste money), or perhaps a scooter would be better – more humane that way – less needless suffering.

quote:
You can have the privilege of paying to go in and drinking beer, wine and spirits with a big markup on price, and having your eardrums assaulted with some cacophonous racket.
Yes. I suspect with the popularity, and volume, of rap music that the when the current kids become adults that the stock in companies that provide hearing aids will soar.

quote:
About 900ft above sea level!
Was your use of feet to be accommodating to a metric illiterate?