Skip to main content

Reply to "Is the UK ready....."

quote:
Originally posted by Mike from West Yorkshire:
I asked someone for directions, and got: "Tha goos ter lawn yed and goos left at t'robots. Tha's geet reet wishut! Tha's bin agate today?"
If that’s the answer you got from asking directions, just how did you phrase the question, or are they bilingual there? They must have there own interpreters in the United Nations, otherwise how would they declare war, or if they did, how would anyone know?

Don’t think I’d want to receive heart surgery training in Yorkshire. Don’t think I’d want anyone that received heart surgery training in Yorkshire within several miles of my heart.

Remind me never to get lost in Yorkshire, and if I do get lost, remind me to plan to stay there a very long time. If I ever do go there, how would I know if I pissed someone off, or is the middle finger a universal symbol for hatred?

I think I prefer thumbing my nose (I think that’s another universal symbol) at some one. The middle finger really gets people going (and it certainly feels good to do), but thumbing one's nose at someone is almost friendly, or clown like. Now, Churchill used his middle finger a lot, but he used his forefinger at the same time, which made ALL the difference in the world war. But I suspect when the topic of Hitler came up, Churchill left his index finger touching his palm.

Remember: I may be wandering, but I’m not lost.