Skip to main content

Reply to "Is the UK ready....."

quote:
Originally posted by Mike from West Yorkshire:
Employees despair about the input of school leavers!
“School leavers”? I thought that was typo, but I did some searching on Internet. “School leavers” sounds so much better than “dropouts”. A “dropout” is someone that can’t cut it, but a “school leaver” is someone that has more important appointments. “No, I’m not a dropout – I’m a school leaver.”

quote:
Originally posted by Mike from West Yorkshire:
Occasionally, Mr Bliar [sic] and his cronies wake up from a long sleep and acknowledge that we need to overhaul the curriculum and go back to the 'three Rs' but then they all fall asleep again.
Poor Tony. I can’t remember anyone on this forum saying anything good about the guy. How does he stay in office? 8 years seems like a fair amount of time to determine if he’s qualified. Hell, Churchill only lasted 5 years (the first go around).

I came across an item that stated that Anthony Blair adopted his nickname to keep up with the last two liberal U.S. Presidents (Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton). As I was never introduced to Johnny Major or Maggie Thatcher, perhaps there’s some truth to it. And looking at the list of Primes since 1721, I can’t find a single Jimmy, Harry, Clem, Ramy, Dukey, Lordy, or Early listed in the Labour Party.