Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it time to fire the programmers at AuctionSniper.Com?"

Here we go, there's always that smart ass in every crowd (I meant star_trkr - with all do respect, of course).

First of all, the "errors" that I was referring to earlier were the servers errors that kept popping up the other day when everyone was trying to access their WINS information. And from reading some previous threads, it appears that there's been a lot of programming problems lately with AuctionSniper.Com, which has caused people to lose out on auctions.

Secondly, with regard to how the Bid Group works, yeah, I realize that, with the way the Bid Group functions now, that if you set up a folder for ONE win, then once it wins an auction it will cancel all of the other CURRENT auction snipes posted in that folder. That's fine. NOW THAT MAKES SENSE. That's logical! And that's how it should work.

But once the auctions have all ended, and these old auctions are no longer in the Bid Group folder, or any other current auctions in that folder, then those same rules should apply to the next new group of CURRENT auctions that you post to that SAME folder.

So if someone would post four more NEW auctions to that folder (after its been emptied of all of the previous auctions), then when one of the auctions wins, ONLY THEN should the other CURRENT items in that folder automatically cancel.

NOW THAT MAKES FRIGGIN SENSE, AND THAT'S THE WAY THE PROGRAM SHOULD BE DESIGNED!!!!!!!!

It doesn't make any sense to have to go and delete an empty folder once all of the previous auctions have been closed and eliminated from the folder, and then only have to re-open a new folder for every time that you want to use the Bid Group function.

UNDERSTAND what I'm saying here!?!? Mad

And the reason why an end user may want to have several different Bid Group folders, in different colors, is so that he can setup a bunch of auctions that are grouped on several similiar items (i.e. Orange-car stuff, red-camera stuff, blue-computer stuff, etc., etc.), without having to go through the steps of deleting and re-creating a new folder each and every time!!

You don't create a new folder each and every time for your normal auction snipes, so why should you have to for each time that you want to use a Bid Group function? Especially when there are no longer any CURRENT auctions opened in that folder!

I'm I making myself clear here?

This is were the programming department lacks some common logic in the design of the Bid Group function!

Am I wrong? Eek

[This message was edited by EightBall on July 04, 2003 at 12:14 AM.]

[This message was edited by EightBall on July 04, 2003 at 12:18 AM.]
Last edited {1}