Skip to main content

Reply to "insecure submission of eBay login"

Sniper Sara,

While your reply is helpful in letting us know why, it brings up even more questions.

- If the amount of users/browsers who can't use SSL is such a small percentile, then why support them and allow even more potential harm to be done with folks logging in non-securely? eBay login info is practically one of the top things that hackers, phishers, etc. are hunting for.

- I am a web developer and understand your concerns about the taxing of the servers if your entire site was secure. However, you aren't providing security where it is vitally needed. For instance, if I were needing to change my ebay login info under the 'Modify Account' area, that is completely non-secure! You are paying for the secure cert. Is it only being used through the inconspicuous 'secure login' link on the main page?

Been using Auction Sniper for a couple of years now and have referred a few as well. But I am now highly concerned with the choice of non-secure as default throughout the site. It seems to hurt your credibility.