Skip to main content

Reply to "I Want Contigency Bids NOW!!"

Here are some previous posts on contingency bidding:

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
We'd like to add this feature if we get a chance. It's on the list. However, it's one of those type of things where most people wouldnt use it. So we generally try to add things that would be useful to the most people when we add them. Eventually we'll run out of those types of things and will end up adding this Smile

quote:
Yes, the feature has been requested before, and one we've thought of for just the reason you mention, to save on shipping.

It's one of the better suggestions made as far as functionality, but as Steve mentioned our main concerns are how many people would use it, and how much would it clutter the already busy interface we have or confush people using the other bid group type.

It'll remain something high up on our list of features and if we can think of a way, or our site ever changes in a way that allows it to be added we can do it then.

quote:
This is something we call contigency bidding and we dont have such a feature yet.

It basically allows you to set a condition whereby a snipe is only placed if you won an item of your choosing before that snipe.

I think it would be a cool feature but I've only heard it asked for once before. It would probably be something hard to program and most people wouldn't use or know how to use so it's not something likely to be added, but you never know.

Sara does/did seem to like the idea.