Skip to main content

Reply to "I Want Contigency Bids NOW!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
We may need to up the fees for bid groups as well. Very few use that and we end up doing 10x the work because far more bids are needed to finally win the item. It results in far more support as well. Then when it breaks, because we have to be super sure that they haven't already won an item, people lose confidence. It probably costs us more in lost customers than the feature makes.

That's a rather defeatist-sounding thing to say. "...when it breaks...". Ha! For example I would use bid groups a lot more often if it hadn't friggin "broken" both times I used it. Also, whenever anyone sets bidgroups for Sunday night, it might help if AS flashed a bright red warning that AS recommend that the intervals between items would have to be much longer than usual in order to be confident bidgroups will function correctly, due to insuperable difficulties in ensuring log-ons. Like some peopple like R2 have repeatedly suggested, open and clear information and warnings would be a great way of minimizing discontent following failed bidgroups, and other hiccups. (Incidentally, in retrospect I see that both times I tried and failed with bidgroups, these were items that ended on the dreaded Sunday nite.) Of course, the first order of business would be technical improvements if possible, to try to reduce log-on problems and so forth, but very simple (I imagine) enhancements like added reminders and warnings would help.
Last edited by petronius