Skip to main content

Reply to "I Want Contigency Bids NOW!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:

If we added it would you pay 3%?

Yes, I personally would. It means more to overseas bidders, I imagine, of which I'm one, but there are many many overseas bidders who use AS, I'm sure. It's very often that I wish there were a contingency bidding function, because shipment costs are a huge component of my all-in cost, and combined shipping means a lot.

If one just looks at how often ebay sellers like to emphasize that they are indeed happy to combine shipping, that alone should indicate how relevant and important contingency bidding may be for AS users.

Maybe I could ask... has AS done any actual market research in this? By market research, I mean like simply an email to AS subscribers (or, hell, just overseas subscribers), asking them if they would find the function
A. Very useful
B. Possibly useful or
C. Not useful.
(And if you answered A or B, would you be willing to pay more than usual for successful bids in that context, A. yes, B. maybe, C. no and don't bother me any more)
Well, I bet AS hasn't done any research of the sort. So how does AS actually know the demand does not justify the trouble. AS doesn't. It's pure guessing on AS's part, isn't it? Why not at least try a survey like that. Just limit it to overseas registrants if you like.
Last edited by petronius