Skip to main content

Reply to "I've got a new car!!"

quote:
Another idea (as in motorcycles in UK) would be to limit BHP until either you are 21 and/or have taken a motorway driving test.
I must confess a certain hostility to crotch rockets. Must they always accelerate into 4th gear before leaving the intersection? The nice thing – I always know when my neighbor’s kid has gotten home, and when he leaves.

quote:
They could put a breathalyzer in every car,
I’d like to see an agealyzer. It’s just a little spooky when I’m driving next to some older gentleman and all I can see is a bald spot peeking over the steering wheel.

Cardboard would be good – renewable and wouldn’t have the force of steel competing with flesh. We should all be driving around in water balloons. It would be environmentally friendly, save city taxes spent to water those plants in the center dividers, and if someone pisses you off you could just take a needle and pop their car.

quote:
Radios could only play calm, soothing music for those under 21 or who have short tempers
I hate to pop your bubble, but from my experience, the ones with the shortest tempers are the older drivers. The younger drivers are still getting laid on a regular basis, and aren’t stressed out with all the responsibilities of “adulthood”. They definitely aren’t in a hurry to get to work, or even to school. Also, they do a much better job of carpooling than older drivers.

I still like the idea someone had of using water-based paint balls.