Skip to main content

Reply to "I've got a new car!!"

quote:

Many, including myself, would never either buy a new car or spend this amount on a machine to transport things and people in it. I do not do the status symbol bit. I have never bought a car for more than £5000, and could not justify any more.

IMHO a good start to avoid prangs would be to have a psychometric test in the driving test; this would weed out all the people with short fuses and terminally impatient that should never be be allowed to be in charge of a ton of metal.
Another idea (as in motorcycles in UK) would be to limit BHP until either you are 21 and/or have taken a motorway driving test.
This would stop teenagers being killed when they run out of road thinking they impress their passengers by atrocious driving.
A further one would be, instead of the plethora of speed cameras, have more 'red traffic light' cameras, and do something about the idiot tailgaters.
Bullet-proof vest donned.........

I agree. An inexpensive, reliable car is all anyone really needs. I don't understand why anyone would want to spend a fortune on a Hummer when a pickup would do the same job.

They could put a breathalyzer in every car, so if someone's had too much to drink the car won't start. Radios could only play calm, soothing music for those under 21 or who have short tempers, and filter out all news broadcasts and sporting events. Car makers should also go back to making cars out of metal instead of fiberglass or plastic. (What's next? Cardboard???)