Skip to main content

Reply to "I use AS's Advanced Searches and they work find for me - Poll"

Poll results at time of this post (8 votes counted so far):
3 - True - they work
3 - False - they don't work
0 - Don't know (but I'll try them now!)
2 - Don't care
0 - What's a Search?

Polling observations from a non-AS-search person (“user” would have been an oxymoron):

Although the voting numbers are a small sampling (see my last paragraph*), there are as many votes that the searches *don’t* work, as there are that they *do* (not a good sign).

If the poll had a “Happy with ebay searches”, I would have voted for that (omitting my anal focus on R2’s voting requirements). The total of “False – they don’t work”, “Don’t Care”, and any “Happy with ebay searches” could be an indication of the usage/popularity of AS’ searches.

Conclusion – this poll might challenge some of the comments made in this post by Sara:
>> here <<

* [last paragraph]
Regarding the number of responses to this poll. A ways back, I looked at all the polls posted for the prior 12 months. I found that most polls fall into two categories: 1) AS related – suggests for improving AS’ business activities; 2) forum related – suggestions to improve the forum. “AS polls” almost always get a much lower response than “forum polls”. Under 10 votes is pretty common for an “AS poll”.