Skip to main content

Reply to "I have stopped using AS"

quote:
"Not only did I have to pay for a 'snipe' placed about one hour before auction ends" - you're complaining 'cos you won? Confused

I'm complaining because I had to pay for something I could have done manually. Placing a bid over one hour before the end is not sniping. And yes, I won. And yes, that was on a Friday.

quote:
Free software running on your own linux machine permanently connected to the net. Not really free then is it? Some skill is needed to run and manage such a resort. If you don't undertsand this Unix command then forget it:
__ls -ail__

alias 'll=ls -al'
And then life is much faster Wink

Sorry if that wasn't clear with my previous post, but I don't use this Linux tool, though, and you're right in that it isn't really free at the end. I have chosen another web-based software, where one snipe costs me 16cts, regardless of the final price of the auction.

Thank you for your comments R2, I'm posting this with the hope it will push things forward, and not to initiate fierce debates... I'm glad I can read open-minded comments like yours ! This is exactly what I have been happy to find in these forums for more than two years now...

AG