Skip to main content

Reply to "How to start selling"

It seems to me that you are the one who cannot read and who grossly mis-interpreted the point being made by Big Louis!

I don't mind if someone is polite about not accepting international bids - say because there is no post office near or they are elderly or disabled. But I too have come across sites where the injunction forbidding international bidders was neither respectful not conciliatory but, in fact, downright insulting. In my experience of buying and selling on Ebay (and I am quite experienced BTW - this is just my "posting id") international buyers are often well-heeled professional people of good education and background - and no more likely to be deadbeat bidders than the average US citizen. Yet to imply that someone is less than desirable because they come from another country is scarcely democratic or enlightened. I can see that Big Louis, whose style of writing implies that he is a person of some education, would feel pretty p****d off at being forbidden to bid on a site where any deadbeat bum is welcome just because they happen to be born a US citizen.

And Louis is making another good point in his follow up. The Internet IS a global medium. Americans may have initially invented the Internet but it has now grown beyond the point where ANY country can claim to own it.

Finally, I think the fact that Rickdogg has been universally flamed here shows how very unwelcome his particularly foul-mouthed and semi-literate brand of personal abuse is. You just have to feel sorry for someone whose standard of education is so poor that they cannot even spell expletives (fuk???) correctly.
Red Face Red Face Red Face Red Face Red Face