Skip to main content

Reply to "How to fix the padding/ lead time issue"

I have used AS for a year now and until quite recently have been very happy with the service. I understand all the risks associated with using the service. Also, heavy traffic days, server update times, etc. etc. I rejoice when I win and take my lumps when I lose. I have only once not had a bid placed and that was when the servers were being moved this summer. What I'm not understanding, is why the "lag" times have increased so much recently. My bids are being placed CONSISTENTLY 10-11 seconds before my set time preference. I have changed my settings, and the timing is still 10-11 seconds before my set time of 5 seconds (previously 7 seconds). I have been dealing with support and have received the usual answers that someone who is new to the service would get. But no one has addressed what is happening in recent weeks with the timing of bids being placed. I was recommended to the service by a friend and have throughly loved the convenience it has offered me but....I can place snipes manually from my home computer in the appropriate time frame when I'm home. I did lose an auction yesterday that I feel I could have won had I done it manually myself. I was doing some things at home and used AS for convenience. This is not life or death to me, but it is very annoying. What has changed recently as AS????