Skip to main content

Reply to "How Am I Outbid by an Earlier Bid?"

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Kelly:

I don't know why his bid didn't show up on the post-auction bidders list. It may have been there earlier when he was still the leading bidder;

That's what I'm talking about. If he put in a bid at 15:07 that was the leading bid at the time, that bid should show and it should not be taken away.
quote:
maybe eBay posts a winner's winning bid and none of the lower bids on his/her behalf.
How could that be? If that is the case, why would we be using Auction Sniper. We could accomplish the same thing on eBay.

quote:
The list doesn't really matter; the bottom line is that you were outbid at 15.07:38
I disagree. The integrity of the bidding process demands that if this person entered a bid at 15:07, his bid ought to show up at 15:07, for the amount that it was at 15:07, and it ought to stay there. If he has a maximum bid that beats another bidder later, fine. But that doesn't mean his prior bid should be deleted. There is something deceitful about that. No one knows now if he had a prior bid in at 15:07 or not, or if he recieved some special treatment from eBay.