Skip to main content

Reply to "How about sniper feedback"

First, I'd like to thank Mrs. M. for the welcome (and noticing my loss of forum virginity). I'm not sure what I've done to deserve the title "Junior Sniper", but I'll wear it proudly.

Anyway, there was plenty of thoughtful discourse on the idea of having sniper feedback for eBay. In fact, what I'd thought to be a new idea, has already been well discussed. This plays into my way of thinking that there is a genuine desire for this product.

Sniper Sara R. stated that there is an estimated economic break-even point of 400 transactions. The value to the AuctionSniper.com might make that number much lower. First, this product would differentiate this site from other Automated sniper sites. Secondly, this is one more way to get people to try your excellent service. I have a fair number of eBay transactions under my belt as both buyer and seller and only last week found out about this service.

Concerns that this service could be abused are legitimate. However, a modest fee for placing a sniper feedback, both to support this new service and to deter abuse would probably take care of most of the problems. Maybe a cap of 2 feedback snipes a month and a cap of 10 a year would also be a wise idea.

I average about 1,000 eBay transactions a year over the last 2 years and I don't think I'd do this more than 5 times a year.

No longer do I need to hunch over my computer at inopportune times waiting to hit the auction enter key. I have actually set my alarm to wake me in the middle of the night to snipe an auction. No Mas!

Nice to be aboard & Merry Christmas to all of you from the newest member of the sniper community.