Skip to main content

Reply to "How about a loan???"

quote:
Originally posted by Mike from West Yorkshire:
The growing trend here is definitely inattentiveness; many drivers are two busy swapping CDs, making mobile calls, eating their breakfast, reading a paper or map.
My hat is off to anyone that can eat a meal using a knife and fork while driving – chopsticks are a close second. I’m a big advocate of driving and putting on makeup, as long as she, or he, is in front of me. It does pucker my sphincter when I see someone in my rearview mirror doing it, especially eyeliner.

quote:
All of these are of course illegal.
Mike, I’m uncertain whether all that’s illegal here in the States. I think it’s called hands-free driving.

quote:
One result of more powerful brakes is that tailgating is rife
I’ve never seen a tailgater that I couldn’t get a wave from – well, a one finger wave.

quote:
The other growing problem is aggressiveness - no-one with a short fuse should be allowed to drive a vehicle at all, IMHO.
I’d like to see cars equipped with a horn-govern. Each car is allocated so many honks each year, say 5, and once those are used up one would have to pay a honk-tax to get more honks. It could be included with the annual licensing fee and part of the emissions test; after all, honking is a form of emissions.

quote:
The worst ones are in the 17-25 range, who throw their toys out of the pram at any opportunity.
It’s hormonal. That’s the best age to draft them. There’s never a conscription around when you need it.

quote:
Some intersections have cameras on them, but people still get killed or injured this way.
I got my first camera/radar speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. I was more fascinated with the technology then bummed out about the fine. I think the city is missing an extra source of revenue by not selling additional copies of the photos – I never get to see myself driving my car.

quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
eating lunch and steering with my knees!
Is that with a manual transmission. Ever tried dipping Chicken McNuggets in a sauce while driving?

quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
it's a wonder I ever get to where I'm going!
At least when you arrive, you’re not hungry. But, it does help to have a Dust Buster to remove the lap crumbs.

Good thing cars don’t come equipped with driver DVD players (I hope that’s true), although GPS is close. Haven’t seen a hairdryer being used in a car - might be a something car manufactures could install instead of a headrest for the driver. Headrest doesn’t sound like something a driver should have – or pillows.

Perhaps cup holders and ashtrays should be eliminated.