Skip to main content

Reply to "Hmm..."

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
(ps, click on exclamation symbol to report this posting, I have!)

Firstly, R2: One of your “hates” is lack of AS staff visits to this forum. I think they do a better job of policing this forum than you give them credit for, but putting that aside, why report this, or any, post? If AS feels that someone else is monitoring the forum for them, aren’t they even less likely to make “visits”? Also, you have complained about AS not being receptive to your suggestions. If that’s true, then why would you think they would be receptive to this? I’m not suggesting you not do it, just pointing out possible inconsistencies.

Secondly, R2: Why on this thread, and on other threads, do you encourage other users to “report” it? Here are some possibilities – you pick the number that best fits, or feel free to add to the list:
  1. Sara is indecisive and needs email from several users to determine whether she should remove a post.
  2. Sara is lonely and loves to get email.
  3. You’re concerned that if it’s only you that’s always does this, she might think you’re a bit quirky.
  4. It makes you feel good, or powerful, or something.
  5. You’re hopeful it will irate Sara.
  6. You’re hopeful it will impress Sara.
  7. You’re an unnoticed hero.
  8. You were born too late to be part of Hitler’s Youth or the Inquisition.
Don’t you think one report/email is enough, unless Sara, or someone else has asked you to ask others? Maybe Sara encourages you – it’s possible. Maybe there’s not even an issue because no one else ever does “report this post” – it’s possible.

I wonder what would happen if someone reported R2’s “report this posting” post. Would be comical if R2’s post got reported more than the original post.