Skip to main content

Reply to "High bidder, but beaten by bid increment"

Hi, Thanks!
I get what you're saying. Perhaps I didn't explain very well. Perhaps I won't again Roll Eyes What I'm trying to say, is that, for instance I place a snipe at $50. Somewhere along the line someone has placed a proxy bid at $49.68. Although I have placed a higher bid, it doesn't get placed because the next bid increment of $1 would be $50.68. If I had been bidding manually, and could do all that is required in the remaining 4 seconds, I'd be willing to put in an extra $1 to ensure my bid gets placed. OK, if my snipe bid is still too low, fair enough, I can live with that.
Your workaround/fix is sort of ok, I guess, but in the scenario I'm trying to explain you'd go on forever! I increase my snipe to $51, next bid increment $1 on a max proxy of $51.68, so snipe doesn't get placed. I have lost a few items now this way by a matter of less than 50 cents Mad
My idea would work something like this.........
Enter your max snipe amount, $50. Enter "bid incrementer buffer" amount, $1. Let AS do its stuff. Max bid before snipe is $49.68 (in this case bid wouldn't normally be placed. "Bid increment too low"), however with the all new buffer........item won at $50.68 Smile Wink

Clear as mud to me now.
Sorry for going on a bit...
Steve