Skip to main content

Reply to "HELP!!"

quote:
Camera's response was little more than a rant, very pathetic

So far you've popped in here three times to complain or criticise. Not a very impressive track record is it? I can now see why the Australian's call us Brits "Whinging Poms"

I am sorry you missed the point, so I'll try and explain it in a simplified manner! (I apologise if I have been misled by your pseudonym!)

Please read his reply to R2. Was that not a frenzy of anger? I called it a "tantrum" which I think was quite accurate description!

He'd missed the point completely and is typical of the many who come in here, don't bother with even a cursory reading of previous posts to try and gain some elementary understanding of the forum's purpose.

So I spelt it out to him. If that's what you construe as a "Rant" so be it. Hectoring more like it!

Rick & R2 shoulder the burden of dealing with questions (unpaid of course) that should be rightly fielded by paid staff.

AS, as a company, is characterised by a total inability to get to grips with complainants. For example, a simple posting last week, explaining that a server was running slow and not synchronising with eBay would have stopped a lot of hot air!

So I suggest, if you are feeling public spirited (and have an understanding of the basic principles of Sniping), that you try and spend a few minutes a day trying to be helpful to the "clueless"

Personally, I think some of the people that Rick & R2 deal with would try the patience of a Saint!

If the ignorant ask a question in a civil manner, I think that's fair enough. If however they come in here bent on a mission to denigrate, then I suspect that they may have ulterior motives. ("stooges" for rivals - it has been seen in the past) I generally try and give this type of complainant a "blast between the ears" as, on the whole, AS provides an efficient Sniping service that it is my interest to defend against rival firms attempting to "put the boot in" by populating these forums with posts that have the sole purpose of running the service down.

As to spending my day "getting a life", I am normally stuck in front of a computer trying to earn the odd "bob" or two and a swift visit here to have a quick "rant" provides me with a minute or two of harmless amusement

So, are you public spirited enough to serve the confused, the angry and the plain stupid? I am certain Rick & R2 would welcome an assistant.

Paul
Last edited by camera