Skip to main content

Reply to "Has the failed bid due to captcha issue been fixed?"

I THINK the profiling is also looking at the ebay user log in page IP. If you log into ebay at the www.ebay.com address or some other point, also the time frame of the log in. Bid snipes are very fast log in and place (i think) but a human takes longer to log in, go to an item and place a bid. So point of log in and time frame to place a bid might also be part of the profile for bidding. I know when I was in Asia I tried to log into ebay and place a bid and it was near impossible. It kept saying it needed to confirm I was the real owner of the ebay identity. It wanted me to do some kind of confirmation I was me. So that meant ebay was looking at my IP and thus my location also my IP service provider. It was not my normal profile nor area of registration, ie California vs in my case the Philippines. Even thought I was using the same laptop computer in each case. The concept that bid snipers are EVIL and cheaters of profit to ebay and the seller ?? Bull feathers. It's an auction. It sells for what it is bid at. Nothing but a mind control game, like gamblers setting around a table. Smart bidders figure their price and set a snipe. Stupid bidders set around a computer and get caught up in a feeding frenzy and a childish attitude of who is going to get in line first to the drinking fountain during recess. Childish bidding makes for higher bids and more profit to ebay, and bulk sellers.

AS was great in the past, but must learn to adapt or like all other bid sniper services, they will die off. That I hope wont happen.