Skip to main content

Reply to "Has the failed bid due to captcha issue been fixed?"

quote:
Originally posted by ebaey-empire:
I see my posts of 09-29-30 were deleted by the forum moderator. 3 Posts. What I did point out in those posts was the new trend in ebay global to implement profiling and how this affects your log in and bids. Profiling includes your IP, your IP provider, web browser brand and operating system of your computer. If there is a miss match from the profile they have compiled on you from previous log ins and bids, they may impose a captcha for either or both of your log in and your placing of a bid. I have been documenting this via both two desk tops and one lap top and from both various inside the USA as will as foreign IP addresses. It happens to me. Further there is on the web, websites for service/companies that describe how this new approached is being designed and applied to not only ebay but other on line auction sites, specifically to block bid sniping by contract businesses. So as I posted earlier and those posts were moderator deleted, it looks like the end for all bid sniping services. I am placing a new snipe on ebay, will see if it goes through or not and am also setting a snipe on my desk top computer by software, and am setting the AS snipe a few seconds BEFORE the personal computer program. So if AS fails to snipe and is held back, the desk top, being timed later, will try to bid. If both AS and my desk top fail to place, then there is some additional factors involved.

Yes it seems that ebay is increasingly using captcha for the reasons you state. It's probably why AS isn't saying anything about it. If the whole service is hit and miss it's hardly going to attract users. Better to say nothing and hope the people that are affected don't say much. Throw them a free snipe and there you go seems to be the attitude.

I had another two failed bids yesterday, although those don't seem to be captcha related. I submitted a support question but that last time I did that no one bothered to respond.

I find AS to be quite useless in that regard.

Once I eventually run down my credit on this site I'll likely cancel the service. I may try other services first. Maybe they aren't having the same level of bid failures????

Eddie