Skip to main content

Reply to "Has Free Snipe Friday been canceled?"

Hi Hunter.Bob,

I can't say for sure what is causing the behavior you are describing, but it sounds like there is most likely an internet security application or other process running on your machine that is interfering with your ability to connect to Auction Sniper. It also seems possible that there may be a connection issue somewhere between your ISP and ours.

While it may be a long shot, there is also a possibility that clearing your browser cache and restoring your default browser settings will resolve this problem, so I believe that's worth a shot too. If you are using Internet Explorer 7.0, you can accomplish this via the following process:

1) Clear your cache: Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu, followed by the "Delete" button under "Browsing History". Then, on the ensuing page, click the "Delete Files" and "Delete Cookies" buttons. Please ensure that only one browser window is open when you are doing this or your cache may not empty properly.

2) Restore your Advanced Settings: Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu and click the "Advanced" tab. Then, click the "Restore Advanced Settings" button, followed by "Apply" then "OK"

After making these adjustments, close your IE 7.0 web browser and re-open it for the new settings to take effect. If you try this measure and are still unable to add snipes to your account, I recommend adding AuctionSniper.com to the "excepted" list on any internet security applications you may be running. If you are connecting to the internet through a router, I also recommend adjusting your router configuration such that access to AuctionSniper.com is specifically allowed.

If you try all of the measures I mentioned in this post and you are still unable to add snipes to your account, please contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page: http://support.auctionsniper.com/

-Mike