Skip to main content

Reply to "great to use auction sniper"

Yes,AS isgreat! Of course, you probably won't always win them all, but it is nice to win some! You're off to a wonderful start.

One of the things I really like best about AS is being able to be away from my computer when an auction ends. Saturday afternoon, my husband and I went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park with our kids, a few of their friends and one son's fiancee. Had a great time - and when I came home, I had won three choice items, without having to "babysit" the close of the auctions. In fact, I think of AS as a good,cheap babysitter for my auctions.

The other thing I really like is being able to cancel a snipe, or raise or lower my bid up to three minutes before the snipe is set to go in. I try to just set my max snipe and then not second-guess it too much, but I have lowered or canceled a few, which I couldn't do on ebay directly. I used to get caught in bidding wars on ebay - no more! Hurray!

One other neat feature is the ability to set up bid groups, to increase the chance of winning one (or as many as you want) of a desired item at a good price.

Read the Help and Forums here a little. You'll pick up good tips on bidding your max, timing your snipes, bid groups, etc. Have fun!