Skip to main content

Reply to "Got Gas?"

quote:
As for my other comment, I simply was wary about a post that basically demanded an explanation of Americans as to how they managed to let such a catastrophe occur, as well as another quip.

As the originator of this, before it descends, once again, into a "bun fight" on the subject of Brits v Americans, let me explain.

If I sounded "combatitive", that wasn't the intention. It is just that for the past few days we have been shown horrific pictures of a disaster with the most well equipped nation in the world in terms of helicopters, rescuers etc etc seemingly unable to cope. If you read the BBC link I gave you, it does seem as if they are reporting on the activities of some incompetant government in west Africa. This attitude is catching. Are they accurate in their reporting?

Please don't construe this as me being hostile to you. I certainly don't think our Government is wonderful, but I would have hoped for a higher level of efficiency.

How are your press reporting it? Do they feel that the response is as good as it could be given the horrendous circumstances?

Paul