Skip to main content

Reply to "Got e-mail from underbidder after sniping"

<>

I certainly would not try and offer these people anything... AS is a great site and the best kept secret on the web. I tell my really good friends (all have loved it) about it, but only my really good friends!

I simply have to laugh at these miserable people with bad attitudes, they are so hostile and only get satisfaction out of insulting and inflicting hurt on others. Let them wallow in there misery and spend the rest of their lives getting sniped and frustrated. They deserve it!

Like this guy: I received a post snipe email once from another bidder which said simply "Hey, good job. I didn't really want this shirt; I just wanted to drive up the price!"

???

The auction was for a "Monster's Inc." hawaiin print shirt no longer available from Disney. I had been looking for one for a while and noticed that there weren't that many available on ebay, but for some reason one seller had a lot and would post only a few at a time. I lost a few auctions because I didn't want to pay more than $60 or so, and noticed that some bidders would get it for cheap if they lucked out on the bidding.

I did a search with this guy's ID and sure enough, he had just won one for about $68.00, and thanks to auction sniper and a little patience, i got mine for only $45.00. He had placed a bid earlier in the week just because he was pissed that he paid so much and someone else was getting it cheaper! If he hadn't bid at all, I would have gotten it for under $30.

What an a**hole.