Skip to main content

Reply to "Good Morning!!!"

Reflections, reflections, reflections!

You need a tent - honest!

Secondly what is that gold coloured thing it is resting on? If it is not part of the packaging, then use a white sheet of card to place the coin containers on - at least it gets rid of one of the distractions.

Sometimes these photos just need to be worked on.
I use Paint Shop Pro (about $70) which is excellent for every purpose (and easy to work with) except one. That "gap" can only solved by the aquisition of Photoshop (expensive!) It gives you a command that literally enables you to cut out an object from its background.

Lacking the necessary $400, I decided that better backgrounds were a)quicker in the long run and b)much cheaper! So I went to an art shop and bought myself a Winsor Canvas Board 30" X 20". Its a lot tougher than card or paper, can be cleaned easily, and is big enough (if I angle the camera right) to hide all sorts of wallpaper and furniture if I sneak things onto the dining table whilst my wife is out!

Sudden thought! Is it your flash thats causing the lighting highlights on these coins? In that event, buy yourself a cheap tripod and set the camera to the "no flash option"

If illuminating things with light gives a yellow cast, buy a couple of those blue bulbs they sell in sewing shops.