Skip to main content

Reply to "GOOD MORNING..."

I'm sure it's a case of "what you can't have, you immediately want!"

Hot puddings are really tempting when the temperature drops down to -8 or so....we don't have any heating in the house beyond a log fire in the lounge, so it's fairly cold at nights just now and a lovely bowl of rice pudding is just wonderful!

My main problem with this diet thing is that I'm struggling against nature. I'm only 4'11", but that's because I was born with abnormally short legs from the knee down. From the knees up I'm built like a person who should be 5'10". Because my muscles are weak and my joints aren't very good (they've been rebuilt in a lot of places: clever surgeons!) I was told that I shouldn't ever go over 7 stones (that's 98 pounds).

That's low even for a person who is normally 4'11", but for a person who is 5'10" it's positively emaciated! I'm 9st 7lbs (133lbs) at the moment and I'm getting trouble with my back, hips, knees and ankles, so I've got to try and get down to at least 8st, if I can.

The medical advice on this is rather confusing - on the one hand there was the "don't go over 7" thing, but another orthopaedic surgeon said that was ridiculous, and that I should just "accept that you have a severe disability, and use sticks or a wheelchair".

Personally I'll try and walk a middle route - with WALK as the operative word!! Wink I must remind myself of that whenever I feel hungry.

SS

"Run, Squeaky, Run!"