Skip to main content

Reply to "Good Morning!!"

Mrs M - I really wish you would stop rolling your eyes at my comments.

I am sorry I forgot to put in my Razz to indicate I was joking.

I was under the impression that Outback was to the States as the chain of American Restaurants (cant remember the name) was to Australia. To give a taste of some authentic food from that country.

Speaking from my experience, thats what Chinese, Indian, and Italian Restaurants are great for. Now, I have eaten in some authentic American Restaurants now and know that the chain in Australia has made modifications as well.

Why would I travel all this way to eat in an Australian Restaurant?

quote:
Or, puppy, maybe it is because this is the US, not Australia!!! Guess if we wanted everything like Australia, we'd all go there!! I have traveled to many countries and enjoyed the differences.

It seems that this conversation has gone in the direction of many and been blown out of proportion.

BJ - I have the Outback Menu open in front of me and yes Australia is mainly Beef country (well and Lamb) I dont actually see any steak combinations/variations that are popular in Australia. I find that amusing, but I am not about to get upset about a menu (unlike some).

We went and had Chinese last nite, it was Americanised too, much like ours in Australianised. I will location drop (seems the done thing) and say I have eaten the real thing in asian countries.