Skip to main content

Reply to "GOBBLE - GOBBLE - GOBBLE -"

Mory,
You seem to know just about everything about cooking, maybe you can help us out with this one....my daughter made chocolate chip cookies a few weeks ago, and they didn't raise. All greasy and flat. Stuck to the pan.(She got so frustrated when she was trying to get them off the pan with the spatula, one flew across the room and splatted against the wall!! ...don't mess with a woman's chocolate fit!!! Eek) Same recipe she always used, and she said she was sure she put in all the ingredients. Why did they flop?? She uses generic baking soda-could that be it?

Another day recently I made some "monkey bread" and it didn't raise. That same day another woman told me her cakes didn't raise. Is it true the weather can affect them? We don't live in the same house so it's not that. Just curious. I like to cook, but don't like to take the time. But I can do it. I'm more of an outside person. And I'm already going nuts with the dark at 4:30 and the cold weather. yuck! Shirl....I'm coming over!! (hubby is still stuck on texas tho...)