Skip to main content

Reply to "getting charged for a snipe when already won auction"

granitz: thanks for noticing that there were really 2 different issues. I understand how I can snipe against myself now, and that's not a problem. Eek I'm really starting to wonder about eBay though. According to other postings they have taken steps to keep sellers from having a link to AS in their auctions. And I've had 2 different auctions where my snipe was reportedly refused by ebay due to the "auction ended early" bit. And in both cases I know for fact the auctions did not end early because I was on line monitoring them. (By the way, my snipes were MUCH higher than the minimum bid increment.)It really makes one wonder.

On items I REALLY REALLY want, I'd rather take the chance of sniping myself, and be charged for snipe I may not 'need' to win, than take the chance of ebay not allowing my snipe thru with a false message saying the auction already ended. I've lost 2 auction already that way I haven't been sniping all that long.

With all that said, let me point out to everyone, I have no problem with AS. I think AS is great. In fact, I've prepaid for over a 100 snipes and expect to use them happily! Smile