Skip to main content

Reply to "getting charged for a snipe when already won auction"

I appreciate the replys. But point in fact. I have lost 2 separate auctions because I relied solely on AS. I'm note blaming AS because the error seems to be from EBAY sending confirmation messages saying the auctions ended early by 'buy it now'. When in FACT THEY DID NOT! One of those auctions was last night. I did not place a bid on ebay. I was on line monitoring the auction and waiting for my snipe to hit. There was no 'buy it now' option on auction, it did not end early, and there were already other bids on the item. The action ended exactly when it was supposed to. My snipe was never place due to a message from ebay saying the auction ended early -- IT DID NOT -- via 'buy it now' -- IT DID NOT. This is not the first time this has happened. I have also noticed in other post that others have had this happen to them.
As I've already stated, and per Adam's previous investigation, this appears to be a problem with ebay and not AS. So if I REALLY want an item, I feel I must place a bid on EBAY because there's no garauntee ebay's going to allow my snipe thru. I email Adam about this before when I was having trouble signing onto the Chat room.
The auction that I was 'charged' for were: #1502567669 and #1061599312.
If you would like to see the auction that my snipe did not get thru to, it was #1064584260. Roll Eyes