Skip to main content

Reply to "General eBay Question"

Wow, lots of veterans around here. I served with the German Army's 1st Mountain Division in Kempten and Ingolstadt, put in for a transfer to the II. German-American Corps in Ulm and was lucky enough to be accepted as a medic in their Military Police (four years altogether). Originally, I wanted to join the Navy, but since the German Navy exclusively accepts nonswimmers, I was kicked out of the running right then and there. Smile I am now some sort of "weekend warrior" or reservist, mainly publicity stuff, but every once in a while I get a chance to train German and American recruits in first aid. Our partnership outfit is the Bamberg garrison's 72nd Engineer Brigade, by the way. I have fond memories of all those joint operations.

I greatly enjoyed your accounts, Crafty - what with your son going shopping and all! Big Grin And I am glad you had a good time in Germany. Augsburg is not too far away from where I live, neither by American nor by German standards. The Fugger Merchant's Guild lends quite a history to the city. I know Hanau, Buedingen and Gelnhausen, but I have never heard of Mittelgrundau. There are a lot of American officers and their families around the suburb where I live.