Skip to main content

Reply to "Funny shirt!"

quote:
Oh dear - I didn't get it!
Did you ever hear of the classic children's movie, "The Wizard of Oz"? Made in USA, I believe, it was one of the first musical/"talky" big-production movies that was MOSTLY in color rather than black & white. If you haven't heard of it, the Reader's Digest version is teenage girl, Dorothy (Judy Garland), & her dog Toto are transported via tornado to a distant magical land that is ruled by a reportedly all-powerful Wizard that resides in the city of Oz. She is advised to go see the Wizard to see if he can help her get back home. On the way to the city of Oz, she is joined by a scarecrow that wants a brain*, a tinman that wants a heart, and a cowardly lion that wants courage. The movie follows the little groups' adventures & encounters with such things as magical forests, wicked witches, and other fantasies in their trek to see the Wizard to get their requests fulfilled. Practically every kid in the USA has probably seen it at least a few times -- I did when I was a kid! I'm a little surprised this flick hasn't made it to the UK! ...Or maybe you just needed your memory jogged! Wink