Skip to main content

Reply to "Fortune Cookie II"

My van is loaded, I had hoped to be able to take a nap in the back but have so much stuff I'll have to nap in the drivers seat. After my first stop I won't have so much stuff. Going to watch a friend dip and carve candles. and help what little I can. He is carving 310 white candles for a wedding reception. At $40 ea. Plus 10 more as samples for the florist that gets him
the work. This is a rush job they wanted more but he had already taken an order for 300 candle Lighthouses for a gift shop on the Jersey Shore. Then he has to start carving Red & Green ones for Christmas again.
He carved 10 years at the NY State Fair but last year they upped the booth rent from 4M to 10M (for Security they said) so now he does as well in a big Mall. The company owns 33 Malls but will just work the 12 in the East and Florida. Isn't it interesting all the ways you can make a living.
Sniper Success Story: I sniped a $600 HP Printer, Scanner, Copier Fax for less than two ink cartridges. It came today & I plugged it in and instantly made copies. It even takes Media cards in the side and prints color proof sheets. I bought two new cartridges but to my disbelief it came with two installed. It also enlarges and reduces. The new model has a 3inch lcd screen you can preview the print on. Mine just makes a proof set, you can mark the ones you want and it will then print them . Or select them by number. Thanks Auction Sniper.