Skip to main content

Reply to "Five snipes placed 38 minutes early"

If you dont follow the sheep, you are bound to get slaughtered.

quote:
I have used AS for nearly three years (an eternity in eBbay land) and only twice have they ever not sent my bid in time. OTOH, I have succesfully won 834 auctions with them, with losses coming only when I have been outbid. I trust them to deliver, simply because they always HAVE delivered. Other sniping companies have come and gone in that time.

I fail to see how this particular gem is meant to put these forum members mind at ease, they are just figures which mean little to those who have had snipes fail or go in very early. Same as Sara's claim that 10 in the last 85,000 have failed. Just numbers, could be fictious for all we know. You could say you had NO snipes fail and it would mean nothing, obviously there are others out there that are having difficulties.

I also fail to see how being new to ebay or AS is of consequence when you really dont need to be a rocket scientist to work either. Obviously if their snipes are firing - they are doing it correctly and it would apprea that AS needs to tweak there lag time processors.

As to why this conversation still continues... well doh....obviously its still an issue.

Maybe if Sara came in and replied why this is all of a sudden happening and that the AS techies are looking at the problem, then the horse would be let die.

Instead, these people come to a *support forum* and get rude replies from Support and Regular posters. And yes, alot of them come in *ready to fire*, I guess if I read the last few threads and saw the hostile responses - I would come in ready for a sh*t fight too!

These *new* AS members dont want statistics, they want to know their concerns about the lead times are being taken seriously and not being waved away as user incompetence.

Oh and by the way Juliecat I love conspiracy theories - keep them coming.

Maybe one of the other AS Support staff will come along and explain what is going on - AS cant keep saying there isnt a problem when it appears there is.