Skip to main content

Reply to "Five snipes placed 38 minutes early"

Sara,

AS is NOT being open and responsive. The face you give your company through your “support” in this particular matter is appalling and disappointing given how well I’ve seen you perform on other problems in the community. Your canned responses of ‘best in support and reliability’ are just as meaningless to me at this point as your unsubstantiated claim of 10 in 85000 auctions going off in time. ‘In time’ by whose definition? What exactly does AS consider ‘in-time’? In-time for AS to get paid? This is precisely the problem we are experiencing. AS internal definition of IN-TIME is substantially different than the definition you have on your literature.

You still haven’t addressed the key issue. You're arrogant defense of a purposely broken system designed to mislead your customers is saddening. YOU have stated AS manipulates lead-times to ensure bid registering. AS literature states something very different. Your company is lying; you're not helping my opinion on this belief. By avoiding the key issue in your post and writing tripe responses to drivel you're either illustrating your ignorance by not addressing the issues we've raised in other posts, or confirming this community’s growing suspicion that we're being had.

Auctionsniper.com is manipulating bid lead-times for their benefit when it says specifically that it does not manipulate bid lead-times. What is your response to that? Yea or Nay? If it yes, then AS needs to disclose to its customers that it is doing this and it can only do this properly (i.e. not through a forum post) by changing its main literature on the matter. This is the problem. If you fix it, then everything’s kosher.

If you’re going to inflate auction prices by sending in bids in early to make sure your customer wins (and in turn you get paid) then at least be honest about it. We are not ignorant of your actions so please quit treating us like we are. If your not being honest about your business model (or maybe, Sara, you had no idea before this that this is what your engineers are doing), then this problem will keep cropping up. Word of it will eventually leave these forums. The end result will not only damage your business but also that of your competitors.

PB

P.S.

Juliecat I hope my energies aren’t wasted. I think AS has great potential and will earn the right to be my sniping service when it eventually irons out its communications with their customers.

quote:
You are asking them to come clean on the con which they use [...] to reel in custom so they can rip them off.

As you do, I presume this to be the case. As I've stated endlessly, AS really hasn't given me anything of substance to change my mind. If it is a mistake on their part it should be simple enough to fix.

quote:
I suppose that's why we've built the largest site of this kind.

While this may be true, it doesn't make you right. This type of attitude makes you ripe for a trouncing by your competition. All they have to do is state they don't "mislead their customers by placing bids too early like Auctionsniper.com" It probably wont be long before they catch on either.
Last edited by pallbearer